Monday, September 5, 2011

Now what?

I've been so very uncomfortable of late, not because of a bunion or arthritis or any physical maladies. I've been uncomfortable because I'm feeling pulled or led to do something - something - different/new/challenging. In the mail the other day - appropos of nothing - I found a brochure inviting me to look at becoming a Christian counselor, helping others God's way. I've long thought I could do that; make a difference in people's lives by helping them sort through their problems. Is that something I should do? Could I help people? Or would it just be a way of making me feel that I was doing something? Am I too old to do something new? I mean, I'm looking at 55 next month; is this the time to begin something new?

I had the opportunity to hear Seth Godin speak during the Global Leadership Summit from Willow Creek Church in Chicago. He asks the question, "When was the last time you did something for the first time?" I'm beginning to explore all that is behind this decision. Wish me luck. Support me in prayer, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment